Monday, December 17, 2012

Daniel Kornrumpf

http://danielkornrumpf.com/home.html

One of the more incredible pieces I have ever seen.  Not only is this a stellar and pretty unique portrait (kind of reminding me of Chuck Close) but it is embroidered.  I'm completely amazed.  Whats even more impressive is seeing it at actual size vs close up.

The ones called"Brooklyn Bobby."  I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the tiny size of the embroidery (it's in the center of a 50"x44" sheet of linen).  Although impressive, especially up close, how would this hold up in a gallery? It might be interesting, how each visitor has to take some special time with each portrait and get their face right up against the piece. Pretty intimate.  I just hope people wouldn't miss out on that gorgeous texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment