Monday, December 17, 2012

The Hungry Fox Illustration


http://hungryfoxillustration.com/

I've been thinking a lot about illustration.  I love the feel of inks and pens, and I work well with them.  I'm just beginning to think about incorporating stories in my artwork, so why not take a stab at illustration.  Part of me wants to go for it, but part of me feels like (for me, not everyone) its just a cop-out for fear of being an unsuccessful fine artist.  It is a very real fear that I have.  So how could I mesh the two? How can I make fine art thats illustrative, but will also sell, and could possibly be reproduced? This may be the basis for my draw to printmaking.  

I reallly like the pen drawings of this illustrator.  She uses mostly black and white, with pops of color throughout.  I though this compartmentalized whale was silly and fun, but I still would want it on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment